|Default Display Unit||µmol of chlorophyll per m2 of leaf surface|
|Optional Display Units||CCI, SPAD|
|Measurement Area||63.9 mm2 (9 mm standard diameter), 19.6 mm2 (5 mm diameter with reducer)|
|Resolution||± 10 µmol m-2 chlorophyll concentration using generic equation|
|Linearity||± 1 %|
|Repeatability||± 1 %|
|Sample Acquisition Time||Less than 3 s|
|Storage Capacity||8 MB for up to 160,000 data measurements; 94,000 data measurements with GPS data entries|
|User Interface||50 mm by 15 mm graphic display screen, 8 push buttons for control and data manipulation|
|Data Output||Mini-B USB port provided for main data transfer|
|External GPS Option||RS-232 port (GPS location data is saved with each measurement)|
|Operating Temperature||0 to 50 C|
|Temperature Drift||Temperature compensated source and detector circuitry over full range|
|Power Requirement||Standard 9 V DC alkaline battery|
|Dimensions||152 mm length, 82 mm width, 25 mm height|
Chlorophyll is a green pigment found in plant cells, algae cells, and cyanobacteria. The primary function of chlorophyll molecules is radiation absorption, which provides energy essential for photosynthesis.
Hand-held chlorophyll meters typically provide a relative indication of chlorophyll in plant leaves. The patented Apogee model MC-100 chlorophyll concentration meter measures relative chlorophyll content and outputs an estimate of actual chlorophyll concentration in units of µmol per m2 of leaf surface (µmol m-2); mass per area of leaf surface, milligrams per square meter (mg m-2), has also been used.
The MC-100 provides an alternative to destructive sampling techniques for determining chlorophyll concentration. Non-destructive measurements are less time consuming and labor intensive and allows for leaves to be measured and monitored over an entire growth cycle. The meter is designed to make rapid replicate measurements of the same leaf or multiple leaves and stores the data for later use.
• Chlorophyll concentration determination for plant nutrient status assessment, environmental stress impact, and fertilizer requirement
If you would like to share your application of this product, please click here
1. Extract the files contained in the zip file located in the link above.
2. Plug the micro USB cable into your MC-100's USB port.
3. Plug the other end of the USB cable into your computer.
4. Turn the MC-100 on, and press the "Data" button. The MC-100 should now show up as a connected device on your computer.
5. On your computer, access the MC-100. You should now see a list of files with a .tab extension.
6. Copy the new .tab files extracted from the zip file into your MC-100 with the other .tab files.
7. On the MC-100, press the "Eject" button.
1. In the MC-100 home menu, press the "Run" button.
2. Press the "Setup" button.
3. Press the "up" arrow button once to access the "Use custom measurement" menu.
4. Press the "Edit" button.
5. Change the highlighted option from "no" to "yes" using the "up" or "down" arrow buttons.
6. Press the "right" arrow button once.
7. Use the "up" arrow and "down" arrow buttons to scroll through the coefficients files and confirm that the new files are listed.
8. To use a custom unit file, simply press the "Accept" button.